I have to admit: I have not been very focused on IoT.
When I hear IoT, I often think about connected homes, cars and security cams.
It’s so much more – and its growth projections are worth noting.
Some recent IoT facts that caught my attention:
- Global IoT market share is projected to grow from 249 billion in 2018 dollars to 457 billion dollars in 2020
- $ 6 trillion will be invested in IoT solutions over the next five years
- In 2020, 90% of vehicles will be internet connected
- In 2020, 173.47 million wearable devices will be in use
- In 2020, smart cities will have a 26% share of IoT
- In 2020, industrial IoT will have a 24% share of IoT
- In 2020, connected health will have a 20% share of IoT
- In 2020, smart homes will have a 14% share of IoT
Source: SC magazine, Oct 2018
Read full news article on CSOONLINE.com