This month Microsoft has patched 54 vulnerabilities, 19 of which are rated Critical.
As always, customers are advised to follow these security best practices:
- Install vendor patches as soon as they are available.
- Run all software with the least privileges required while still maintaining functionality.
- Avoid handling files from unknown or questionable sources.
- Never visit sites of unknown or questionable integrity.
- Block external access at the network perimeter to all key systems unless specific access is required.
Microsoft’s summary of the July 2017 releases can be found here:
This month’s update covers vulnerabilities in:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Windows Kernel
- Windows Graphics Component
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows PowerShell
- .NET Framework
Read full news article on Symantec